RETURNING STAFF APPLICATION
Please read the Code of Ethics below... You will be required
to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms listed within the Code of
GREAT LAKES BURN CAMP
1. Staff/volunteers understand and embrace the mission of Great Lakes Burn Camp and willingly and knowingly accept the concept that the focus and goals of the Camp are directed to the campers.
2. Staff/volunteers will never leave a camper unsupervised.
3. Staff/volunteer will never be alone with campers or a camper, except when assisting with personal hygiene or toileting which is permitted by specific Camp policies or in an emergency.
4. Staff/volunteers will not abuse campers including:
∑ Physical Abuse strike, spank, shake, slap
∑ Verbal Abuse humiliate, degrade, threaten
∑ Sexual Abuse including inappropriate touching
∑ Mental Abuse hazing, negative manipulation
5. Staff/volunteers will use positive guidance techniques including redirection, anticipation of and elimination of potential problems, positive reinforcement, support and encouragement rather than competition, comparison, criticism, or humiliating discipline techniques.
6. Staff/volunteers must treat with confidence and respect, personal information they learned from campers, subject to the policies on reporting abuse and neglect, as referenced elsewhere in the Great Lakes Burn Camp Manual.
7. Staff/volunteers will treat with campers of all ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds with respect and consideration.
8. Staff/volunteers will portray a positive role model for campers, including but not limited to, maintaining an attitude of respect, loyalty, patience, honesty, courtesy, tact and maturity.
9. Staff/volunteers will not use profanity or discuss adult subject matter in the presence of campers.
10. Staff/volunteers will adhere to the dress code for Camp. (See Manual)
11. Staff/volunteers will not use, posses or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs during camp.
12. Staff/volunteers are prohibited from having firearms or other weapons while at Camp.
13. Staff/volunteers must be free of health or psychological conditions that might affect campersí health.
14. Staff/volunteers will comply with the outlined activities and expectations of their defined roles at Camp and all required activities prior to Camp, which support their roles.
15. Staff/volunteers are prepared and willing to assist and support campers to meet personal daily needs.
16. Staff/volunteers will accommodate and be sensitive to the developmental differences and abilities of individual campers.
17. Staff/volunteers who do not have a pre-existing relationship with a camper will not fraternize with campers (baby sitting, phone calls, email, private lessons) outside of Camp supervised activities or the Camp setting. Any exception to this policy requires written approval in advance from the sponsoring organizationís Camp Volunteer coordinator or Camp Director.
18. Staff/volunteers will not offer gifts or money to campers or their families.
19. Staff/volunteers are required by Michigan State laws to report any suspected abuse or neglect of a child to the Camp Director so that it may be reported to the authorities (Michigan Department of Protective and Regulatory Services and local enforcement agency). (See Manual)
20. Staff/volunteers will not make personal disclosures to campers with an attempt to influence individual beliefs, values or lifestyles.
21. Staff/volunteers will adhere to the outlined policies, procedures and standards of Great Lakes Burn Camp.
22. Staff/volunteers must agree to provide all criminal and other background check information requested of them and must meet qualification standards established by Great Lakes Burn Camp.
Staff/volunteers must comply with this Code of Ethics throughout placement with Great Lakes Burn Camp and affiliation with the sponsoring organization. Compliance with the Code of Ethics is a condition of continued involvement with Great Lakes Burn Camp. I understand that violation of the following standards may be regarded as engaging in unethical behavior, which could be grounds for immediate termination of roles and responsibilities.
All fields are required to be